There are several good points about buying a new car that you just can’t get with a used car. First of all there’s that great new car smell – and the feeling of driving off in a new car with all its shiny new gadgets is incomparable. All that aside, there are some serious reasons you should consider buying a new car.
- * The first one is safety. A new car is not likely to break down and leave you stranded on some deserted road in the middle of a thunderstorm. It can happen, but it’s not likely.
- * If there are any breakdowns and repairs, the warranty will usually cover it.
- * Safety features. Depending on the age of your present car,
there could be many new safety features that you just don’t have in your present vehicle. Air bags are one such, anti-lock brakes are another. Then there are integrated child-seats, child-locks on doors and traction control to name just a few.
- * Height adjustable seat belts are another safety feature of new cars that is worth having. This ensures a proper fit and can save your internal organs from being crushed by the belt if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident.
- * Regular maintenance and oil checks may be ‘free’ saving you the time and worry about them. Sure, you may have paid for them in the deal price, but that’s okay, it will still save you the hassles. It may be too, that your new car can go for a lot longer before you need that first check-up.
- * You don’t have to worry about where your new car has been. No worries about if the last owner lived by the sea, thus putting the car at a greater risk of rust. You don’t have to worry if it’s been involved in an accident and the damage has been covered up.
- * You don’t have to wonder if the odometer has been tampered with, or if there is any hidden structural damage due to a crash.
- * You won’t have to fork out extra money for half-worn tires or repairs in the near future.
- * The rego and insurance won’t be due for a full twelve months.
- * A new car will probably cost less to run, especially if it is a hybrid car. This doesn’t apply to the new SUV unless it is a hybrid too.
- * You’ll get a good trade-in if you decide to sell it within a few years.
Basically, there are only a few cons about buying a new car. You will be paying for it for a long time. You’ll need a good, safe place to park it overnight, or risk having it stolen. If little Johnny pokes a hole in the back seat with his new pencil, you’ll be much more upset. Insurance will probably cost more. all these things should be considered when you are thinking about buying a new vehicle.